Sunday, March 6, 2011

Brangelina & The Twins Invade NYC

The globetrotting Brangelina family have made their way from Paris, France (where they recently celebrated Pax Thien‘s 7th birthday together and paid an intimate visit to the Aquarium de Paris) to NYC, NY this weekend and managed to invade and take the city by storm. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie stepped out with their twin [...]

Yesterday evening, David and I met up with our friend Jen at the ArcLight Hollywood for an early showing of Black Swan (primarily because most of the showings last night were completely sold out) so that we could AT LAST see the film that everyone has been buzzing about … for months. Without question, Black Swan is now one of my favorite films of the year:




Black Swan is absolutely a Darren Aronofsky masterpiece … those of you who are familiar with and love his films will most assuredly enjoy Black Swan. To be honest, I’m having a hard time thinking of ways to describe it. The pace is frantic and the action is dizzying … there are times when you have no idea what exactly is going on and it’s never easy to believe what you see happen on the screen. Natalie Portman‘s acting performance is a tour de force … she is really magnificent as Nina Sayers, overwrought yet hugely talented ballet dancer. Mila Kunis is also fantastic but her role as the cool chick ballerina is fun rather than impressive. The film is all about Portman. I don’t know that I’ve seen a more beautiful film this year … without question, Black Swan will be honored in some way at the Academy Awards next year. IMHO, Swan is a much superior film to The Wrestler (which won a few Oscars) so I’m counting on Portman and Aronofsky to be honored with their own Oscars this time around. I would deffo call Black Swan intense and very scary … be prepared to be in a clenched posture thruout the film. I was so stressed by the franticness of the film that I needed to relax and come down after it was over. Just … brilliant. There are a few things about the film that I must see again so that I can sort them out in my head but YOU MUST see Black Swan at least once in theaters. The film opened in select cities this weekend but it will open more wide in the coming weeks. See this film, you must!!!


After the movie, we went out for some eats at 8oz. Burger Bar and Jen and I chatted away the night for hours! ‘Twas a fun night out, indeedie.


Today, I’m meeting up with Darion and some friends for a fun afternoon hangout session and then tonight David and I are planning to hang out with Jordan for his birthday! It’s a bummer that the weekend is already over already … hope you have a great Sunday!!



Cesar Chavez
affilies
Information as it occurs
composition aliments
Henri Matisse

No comments:

Post a Comment